Table of Contents
Undertake a Perilous Journey
When you lead your party through the wilds with a destination in mind, name what you’re looking for (adventure, treasure, the hidden Grove of the Elder Bloodtree, the Bone Zone) and ask the GM how much Progress you’ll need. Then, roll NONE plus 1d for each of the following:
- If you have a map of your route.
- If you have folklore and hearsay to guide you.
- If you’ve been there before.
- If everyone is mounted.
- On a failure, a Danger comes upon you unawares
- On a twist:, Choose 1:
- Make a Discovery, but no Progress. Ask the GM what you find.
- Make 1 Progress, but only if you overcome a Danger first.
- On a success: you make 1 Progress, the GM will tell you what that looks like.
- On a crit: you make 2 Progress, the GM will tell you what that looks like.
When you settle in to rest out in the wilderness, choose a camp leader and have them roll NONE plus 1d for each of the following:
- If everyone consumes a ration.
- If you’ve got plenty of time and energy left in the day (i.e. it is not yet dark).
- On a success: each player chooses 2,
- On a twist: each player chooses 1:
- Tend wounds of yourself or another. That person regains up to half their max HP.
- Share a story, secret, or moment with one or more other characters. You both/all gain 1 xp.
- Consume an appropriate resource (medicine, booze, bandages) and remove an impairment from yourself or another.
- Rest soundly and take +1d on your next roll.
- Scavenge. Gain 1d4 rations.
- On a Failure your camp is not peaceful. Each player chooses 1, but hardship will strike either after or before.
basic_moves/expedition_moves.txt · Last modified: 2023/02/14 16:03 by Ashton McAllan (Acegiak)